Acer Germany has confirmed that Android 3.1 Honeycomb shall begin hitting ICONIA Tab A500 tablets on July 15th via an over-the-air update. Meaning it will receive it’s software update automatically without connecting to a computer.
While buyers of the Motorola Xoom, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 already received their 3.1 update. Acer Iconia users are still waiting. It’s been 2 months now since Google introduced Android 3.1 of Honeycomb. But the waiting should finally end any day…
- Expanded Recent Apps list – The multi-tasking feature built-in with Honeycomb has been improved so that it can hold more application thumbnails.
- Resizable Home screen widgets – The ability to change the physical size of all your homepage widgets will be available to you.
- Support for external keyboards and pointing devices – You’ll be able to use a USB or Bluetooth keyboard and mouse with your tablet.
- Support for joysticks and gamepads – You’ll be able to use your USB connectable gamepads, like the XBOX 360 or PlayStation 3 controllers.
- Updated set of standard apps – The Browser, Calendar, Contacts, Email, and Gallery native applications have either been improved with new features and/or UI optimizations.
When your Acer ICONIA Tab A500 receives the new update you will receive a prompt to download/install the update, do as the prompt instructs and you will soon be enjoying all those new features mentioned above.
16 GB and 32 GB Version